Notre Dame is proud to support our employees, as they support us every day.
Notre Dame of Maryland University provides a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to all employees who work at least 20 hours per week. The University pays most of the cost.
- a choice of two medical plans (an HMO and a POS-Point of Service)
- a dental plan
- a vision plan
- flexible spending accounts
- 403(b) retirement plan with a choice of two vendors
- life & accidental death and dismemberment policy
- long term disability
- short term disability
- tuition remission and tuition exchange programs
- paid time off
For information regarding these plans, click on the links below or contact the office of human resources.
- Health Plan: Carefirst BlueCross Blue Shield, 866-520-6099
- Dental Plan: Delta Dental, 800-932-0783
- Vision Plan: Advantica Eyecare, 866-425-2323
- Flexible Spending Accounts: PayFlex, 800-284-4885
- Retirement Plans: TIAA-CREF, 800-842-2776 or VALIC, 800-448-2542
- Life, AD&D, Short and Long Term Disability Plans: UNUM, 800-275-8686
Additional employee benefits include:
- on-site nursery school/kindergarten
- use of the athletic facilities
- direct deposit
- workers' compensation
Through the Live Near Your Work Program and in partnership with the Baltimore and Maryland Departments of Housing and Community Development, employees may be eligible for a $2,500 grant from the University and a grant from the City if purchasing a home in Baltimore City.
House Keys for Employees is the state-funded matching program to Live Near Your Work. For more information, please visit their website or stop by human resources to obtain a packet of information.
The University also uses a credit union, which provides benefits to faculty, staff and students. First Financial Federal Credit Union offers low interest loans, checking and savings accounts, and many other services to Notre Dame employees.
- 10 Month Faculty
- 12 Month Faculty and Full-time Exempt Staff
- Full-time Non-exempt Staff
- Part-time Exempt Staff
- Part-time Non-exempt Staff
Current faculty and staff can access their benefit selections through KTBSonline.com