Application for Student Assistant- Game Day Staff
Department or office- Athletics
Student position title- Game Day Staff
Supervisor- Allen Dehority
Supervisor's email- firstname.lastname@example.org
Supervisor's phone- 410-532-5378
Job description- Student workers in Athletics will report to the Director of Athletics, Head Basketball Coach/Sports Information Director; Assistant Director of Athletics/Recruiting Coordinator; and/or the Athletic Trainer, depending on their position, and have responsibilities to include, but not limited to:
• Set up and break down home athletic contests
• Working home athletic contests, which include performing duties from stat keeping, scoreboard and game clock operation, ball running, etc.
• Assist with updating paper records to electronic copies
• Provide assistance with mailings and database maintenance and other recruiting needs
• Perform special projects as assigned by the Director of Athletics, Head Basketball Coach/Sports Information Director; Assistant Director of Athletics/Recruiting Coordinator; and/or the Athletic Trainer
• Answer phones and take messages in a professional manner
Qualifications- Student workers are expected to be flexible with their schedule to account for game day needs, and must possess strong organizational and oral and written communication skills. Student workers must maintain a level of professionalism, understand confidentiality, and be willing to perform a variety of functions, at times in a high stress environment.
Evening and weekend availability is necessary.
Work days and hours- Varies based on game-day schedule/class schedule availability
Semesters- Fall: Yes
Summer (direct hire only): ---
Pay rate- 7.25
Number of positions- 8-12