Renaissance Institute Membership
Thank you for your interest in Renaissance Institute.
Renaissance Institute is an independent lifelong learning institute within Notre Dame of Maryland University, 4701 North Charles Street, Baltimore, Maryland 21210-2476, phone 410-532-5351.
The Renaissance Institute strives to provide its members the opportunity:
- to create a mentally stimulating program that provides a means by which men and women 50 years of age and over may use their talents, experiences, and skills creatively in shared intellectual and cultural pursuits;
- to explore new interests;
- to discover and develop latent abilities;
- to contribute to the immediate or broader community;
- to exchange ideas with people who share their interests and enthusiasms.
- to enhance the reputation of Notre Dame of Maryland University as an innovative center for learning.
RI is open to all persons who have reached the age of 55. Our current membership is over 300.
Members may enroll in as many courses as they wish subject to classroom capacity and instructor preference. Courses are presented on Tuesdays and Thursdays during 13-week spring and fall semesters. Normal course lengths are either 6 or 7 weeks or the full 13 weeks. Each class meets for seventy-five minutes.
Other Advantages of RI Membership:
- Enrollment in as many courses as you wish every fall and spring (No tests or papers)
- Full privileges at the award-winning Loyola/Notre Dame Library. RI Instructors have faculty privileges while coordinating a course
- Student discount with many merchants
- Reduced admission fees for many University events
- Use of the University campus, including the dance and art studios for RI courses
- A subscription to Reflections, the Renaissance art and literary magazine.
- "Summer in the City" and "Winter in the City" programs provide cultural, social, and educational opportunities between semesters
- Free off-street parking
For more information and to inquire about membership, please complete and submit this form.