Delta Epsilon Sigma National Writing Contest 2011-12
First Place for Scholarly Research
Rachel Jones, “The Inevitable Tragic Consequences of Dreams and Illusions”
Honorable Mention for Poetry
Rachel Jones, "Revelations"
Student Award Winners, Class of 2012
The Ladonna and Raymond Baginski English Achievement Award for Excellence in Course Work
The Barbara and Joseph Carey Award for Leadership, Spirit and Service in the English Department
The Sister Maura Eichner Award in Creative Writing
The Constance Burch Award for Writing Poetry
Rachel Jones (Class of 2013)
The Margaret Smith Wasilifsky Award for Prose Writing
Christina Kelly (Class of 2013)
The Sister Genevieve Kunkel Award for Playwriting
- Project Coordinator, Baltimore Convention Center
- Reporter, The Avenue News
- Associate Editor, Urbanite Magazine
- Freelance Writer, The Baltimore Examiner
- Senior Consultant, Booz, Allen, Hamilton
- Director of Development, Parks & People
- English Teacher, Drama Department Moderator, Seton Keough High School
- English Teacher, Baltimore County Public Schools
- Editorial Assistant at Amazwi Writers, an International Literary Journal, South Africa
- Co-Director of the Maryland Writing Project
- Assistant Professor of English, University of Florida
- Published nonfiction author
- English teacher, Perry Hall Christian School
- Assistant, Baltimore Mayor's office
Graduate and Professional Schools
- Goucher College
- Towson University
- University of Vermont
- University of New Orleans
- University of Delaware
- Hollins College
- West Virginia University
- University of Birmingham (UK)
- University of Southern Mississippi
- University of Pittsburgh
- Johns Hopkins University
- San Jose University
- Fulbright Scholar
- Katie Conn. “What You’re Writing.” In Baltimore’s Urbanite. Issue 23. May, 2006.
- Lee-Ann Liles. “Postcards.” In Caketrain, Volume 1, Issue 3, Spring, 2006.
- Lee-Ann Liles. “The Writer’s Belly.” Talking River Review, Spring, 2007.
- Lee-Ann Liles, selections in Bermuda Anthology of Poetry II, 2011.
- Mary Anne Reese, Raised by Water. Finishing Line Press, 2011.
- Claire Wang. “A Family Enigma: The Case of the Missing Gene.” In the anthology Familial. The People’s Press. Baltimore: 2005.
- Claire Wang. “Filling in the Racial Bubble.” Edgar Literary Magazine. Summer/Fall, 2006.