PANGBORN AND INTERNATIONAL FUNDS
The Pangborn and International Funds, administered by the Council for Faculty Research and Development (CFRD), are endowed funds designated to support professional activities for full-time faculty members. Decisions for allocation of the fund are made by the Council for Faculty Research and Development (CFRD) in consultation with the vice president for academic affairs for the available amount to be distributed each year. Money from these funds may be used to defray the cost of attending meetings both domestic and international of professional associations, conferences and seminars. The funds can be used to cover registration fees and assist with transportation, food, and lodging costs.
Applications should be supported by a statement of the faculty member’s professional objectives in attending the conference or workshop and an estimate of the expenditures. The application form should be submitted electronically email@example.com. The application form and guidelines for preparing the development proposal are located in the Appendix and are also available on the University website.
Applications for Pangborn and/or International Funds will be accepted three times a year: On or before October 15, on or before March 15, and on or before July 15. Approximately one- third of the fund will be dispersed each time period by a process established by the Council for Faculty Research and Development.
Faculty whose School or department has already allocated funds for faculty development should justify their applications for Pangborn and/or International funds.
Priority is given, in descending order, to faculty who:
1. Are delivering accepted peer-reviewed papers at a conference, seminar, or symposium;
2. Are delivering poster presentations, participating on panels, or presenting other papers at a conference, seminar, or symposium
3. Are attending a conference or workshop;
4. Have not used the fund recently;
5. Are traveling to serve as an officer in a professional organization; and
6. Are unable to secure additional School-based funding.