Accelerated Certification in Teaching
The nondegree, graduate-level, state-approved ACT program prepares women and men with nonteaching degrees for success in the classroom. Professionals who are already teaching but wish to become certified, or those ready to change careers and become certified teachers, are ideal candidates for this program. Credits earned in the ACT program can be transferred to Notre Dame's Master of Arts in Leadership in Teaching program.
This program meets initial certification requirements for: elementary education, secondary education, special education for elementary or secondary, and early childhood education.
- Art or Music, (PreK-12)
- Early Childhood Education (PreK-3)
- Early Childhood and Elementary Education (PreK-6)
- Special Education (PreK-6; 6-Adult)
- Elementary Education (1-6)
- Elementary and Special Education (1-6)
- Secondary Subjects: Business, Computer Science, English, World Languages [Chinese, French, German, Italian, Russian, Spanish], Math, Science [Biology, Chemistry, Earth Science, Physical Science, Physics], Social Studies, or Theater, (each one with or without Special Education), (7-12)
Praxis II tests in the certification area must be passed by end of program.
All programs offered by the School of Education at Notre Dame of Maryland University are NCATE and MSDE approved.
For additional information please contact:
Dr. Karen Wooten
School of Education
For admissions information please contact:
Office of Admissions, College of Graduate Studies