RN to BSN Program
Preparing compassionate and innovative leaders in nursing.
"You are present in the moment, trusting and healing.
You practice loving kindness, teaching and sharing.
You are my nurse, the heart of caring.
From "The Heart of Caring," by Sharolyn Bush, BSN '10, MSN '15
RN to BSN PROGRAM. Enroll now for Spring 2017 classes!
Given the changing healthcare landscape, nursing is one of the most in-demand careers today. To excel and advance, nurses must be constantly learning about new technologies, medications, and best practice in healthcare.
The RN to BSN program at Notre Dame has been helping RNs meet their academic goals for almost 40 years. The learning experience stresses caring connections with patients, families, communities; fosters leadership skills; and strengthens students' discipline and professionalism.
The program is offered on both a part-time basis and full-time basis.
Get the ESSENTIAL CREDENTIAL to advance your nursing career.
- RN to BSN can be completed in as little as 16 months (classes meet one day a week for 8 hours); 12 months for second bachelor's degree students.)
- Part-time RN to BSN can be completed in approximately 2 1/2 years with classes meeting one day a week for 4 hours throughout the calendar year, with breaks for major holidays
- Classes meet on the same day, at the same time, throughout the program, making it easy for you to plan and schedule your other life and work responsibilities
- Learn and study with a small group of like-minded RNs, all working toward the same goal
- Program is specially designed to assist RNs in making a successful transition back to an academic setting
- Students begin upper-level nursing courses immediately upon entry into program
- Students work closely with faculty members in collegial relationships where students' clinical knowledge and skills are highly valued
- Service-learning experiences enhance class and clinical education/learning
- Emphasis on contemporary issues facing nursing care delivery in today's challenging health care environment
- Clinical courses designed for experienced RNs that enhance and expand evidence-based knowledge and practice for different populations
- One- to two-week study abroad experiences can be taken in place of one clinical course
Learn even more and get an on-the-spot transfer credit evaluation at one of our information sessions. Register here.
Talk to an enrollment counselor—call 410-532-5500.