Honors and Special Programs
Notre Dame of Maryland University has many special programs that challenge our students academically and help them discover and adjust to college life.
- Our pre-professional programs prepare you for the rigorous graduate school program you will enter to become a lawywer, veterinarian, doctor or pharmacist.
- The Elizabeth Morrissy Honors Program at Notre Dame is designed for Women’s College students of outstanding academic ability and high motivation.
- The Trailblazer Scholars Program is a program for first-generation college students that acts not only as a source of continued support for navigating college life, but also as a place for learning and encountering others who understand your perspective.
- The Transformational Leaders program is built from Notre Dame’s central mission of “educating women to become leaders that will transform the world.” In this program, students gain the knowledge and experience that empowers them to become leaders who can make change happen.
- First Impressions, a mentoring partnership with the Alumnae and Alumni Association, offers Notre Dame Women’s College juniors and seniors an opportunity to network, learn business etiquette, sharpen professional skills and gain a competitive edge.
Morrissy Students Recognized with State-Wide Awards
The Morrissy Honors Program at NDMU hosted the Maryland Collegiate Honors Council Conference in early March 2016, bringing honors directors, faculty, and students from across the state of Maryland to campus for two days of presentations and posters. Lauren Romagnano, Morrissy junior, won the Portz Award for Outstanding Maryland Honors Student in a Four-Year College. Seniors Merisa Hernandez and Maggie Linz won the prize for Best Poster Presentation.
The Council is devoted to providing co-curricular enrichment activities for students in honors programs to our member institutions, and to providing networking opportunities for faculty and administrators of honors programs and colleges.
Congratulations to Lauren, Merisa, Maggie, and the Morrissy Honors Program!