Sharpen your professional skills and learn how to stand out in a crowd!
You have a first-rate education, extensive internship experience and a stellar resume. But do you know how to stand out in a crowd? First Impressions prepares students to successfully navigate the move from class room to the board room.
Download the First Impressions pledge to complete and submit with your application.
A joint venture of the Business and Economics department, the Office of Alumnae and Alumni Relations, & the Career Center, First Impressions arms students with the soft skills that lead to career success. Over the course of six of workshops, they learn effective communications, networking and presentation skills that convey confidence and poise. Topics include:
- Presentation skills: Broadcaster Gerry Sandusky on how to create your own brand
- Looking the part: From college casual to professional dress
- Support for developing an effective and professional resume and cover letter
- Business etiquette dinner with Notre Dame alumnae
- Mock interviews with professional alums working in human relations
- Trip to Macy's with a personal shopper
- Networking and graduation reception
Juniors and seniors in the Women's College are eligible to apply for this unique opportunity.