The dilemmas that accompany today’s medical advances call for pharmacists who are trained in ethical and clear reasoning, which are longstanding hallmarks of a Notre Dame education.
There are many advantages to a Notre Dame education that will prepare you for entrance to a school of pharmacy, including:
- The University's location in one of the country’s leading health care centers, which provides pharmacy students with the best clinical practice options in medicine
- Partnerships in place with The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, one of the world’s most respected health care centers
- 14:1 student-to-faculty ratio
- Full-time faculty who are experts in their disciplines
- Individual mentoring by professors
- An environment that challenges students to grow personally and professionally
The School of Pharmacy at Notre Dame will guarantee interviews for up to 15 students from the Women’s College Pre-Pharmacy Program. To be considered for a guaranteed interview, the student must:
- Maintain a 3.0 cumulative GPA and a minimum 3.3 GPA in pre-pharmacy courses with all pre-pharmacy courses carrying a grade of C or higher.
- Earn a composite score on the Pharmacy College Admissions Test (PCAT) at the 70th percentile or higher.
Students with an interest in pharmacy as a profession should contact the coordinator of the pre-pharmacy program prior to their first semester at Notre Dame. They are also advised to contact pharmacy schools of interest for entrance requirements and recommendations concerning general education course selection.