ART-119 Introduction to Photography
This course introduces the art of digital photography. Through lectures, demonstrations, and assignments students will learn the fundamentals of camera selection and usage, image editing, and photographic composition. Students should have their own point & shoot or dSLR cameras. A limited number of cameras are available for loan through the Digital Media Lab in the LND Library. Open to CAUS students only. This course fulfills general education requirement in fine arts for CAUS students. [3 credits]
- Describe the basic operation of the camera
- Apply image editing
- Express an appreciation for and comprehension of the aesthetics of art and photographic vision.
- Weekly shooting assignments
- Attendance and participation in critiques
REQUIRED/RECOMMENDED TEXTBOOK(S) OR MATERIALS:
Access the bookstore website at www.ndm.bncollege.com for textbook information.
OTHER COURSE INFORMATION:
- The course will incorporate WebQuests, video screening on the art and practice of photography, and group critiques and discussions.