BUS-255 Personal Financial Management
This course develops a realistic approach to managing personal finances and creating a personal financial plan. Students will be introduced to the fundamentals of sound financial planning, goal setting, and strategies to accomplish those goals. Students will also learn how to manage credit; invest for the short-term, medium term, and long term; create a retirement plan; and evaluate life insurance, homeowners insurance, and car insurance policies. [3 credits]
- Create a Financial Plan and personal budget
- Create investment portfolios for the short term, intermediate term, and retirement
- Demonstrate understanding of the use of insurance products and explain misuses by insurance industry
- Demonstrate understanding of borrowing for home and car, and understanding of credit scoring
- Complete textbook and article readings
- Respond to questions and problem solving
- Produce personal financial statements, budget, and financial plan
REQUIRED/RECOMMENDED TEXTBOOK(S) OR MATERIALS:
Access the bookstore website at www.ndm.bncollege.com for textbook information.
OTHER COURSE INFORMATION:
- Assignments and/or chapter(s) being discussed on the first day of class and/or required reading/assignments required for the first day of class are indicated in the course syllabus found on the Joule course site.