BUS-303 Principles of Marketing
The course introduces the language of marketing and the strategic marketing process. While formulating viable marketing strategies for diverse business situations, students will gain experience gathering and analyzing industry and market data as well as implementing core marketing concepts such as market segmentation, targeting, positioning and the marketing mix in the formulation and implementation of real-life marketing strategies. The course culminates with student teams developing a marketing plan for a new product, service or retail establishment. [3 credits]
- Explain the Marketing Process
- Identify Customer need and wants
- Define Ethical, Social, and Environmental Responsibilities
- Describe the Global Market Place
- Explain Market Research and Segmentation
- Discuss the Marketing 4 P’s
Grading will be based on Individual Student Assignments, Class Presentations, and Discussions. The course syllabus will identify specific points for each assignment and presentation.
REQUIRED/RECOMMENDED TEXTBOOK(S) OR MATERIALS:
Access the bookstore website at www.ndm.bncollege.com for textbook information.
OTHER COURSE INFORMATION:
- Prior to the first class, read Chapters 1, 2, and 3 of the textbook
Bring to class one current article (within the last 14days) relating to Marketing. Suggested sources are: Wall Street Journal, Forbes, Fortune, The Economist, Bloomberg/Business Week