BUS-432 Advanced Business Policy
The course provides opportunities for students to apply knowledge gained from their core business courses to the formulation, implementation, and evaluation of strategic management initiatives through case studies of specific organizations. This course is designed as a capstone experience. Prerequisites: BUS-302, BUS-303, BUS-321 and senior standing. [3 credits]
- Recall other relevant course concepts as appropriate in discussing the full spectrum of issues surrounding business policy decisions
- Describe and apply learned strategic management concepts to actual case situations
- Evaluate, determine, and construct appropriate strategic management planning recommendations and protocols to selected organizations.
- Vision and Mission Statement Assignment
- Strategic Audits, Parts I and II
- Group Case Presentation
- In-class Assessment Exercise
- Peregrine Outbound Exam
- Class attendance and Participation
REQUIRED/RECOMMENDED TEXTBOOK(S) OR MATERIALS:
Access the bookstore website at www.ndm.bncollege.com for textbook information.
OTHER COURSE INFORMATION:
- Regular reading of the Wall Street Journal is recommended.
- Assignments and/or chapter(s) being discussed on the first day of class are indicated in the course syllabus found on the Joule course site and require reading/completion prior to coming to class.