RST-201 Introduction to Biblical Studies Online Version
This course introduces the Hebrew and Christian Scriptures of the Christian tradition, exploring their historical and literary contexts, as well as interpretations of religious meaning. The course presents modern methods of biblical study, including Roman Catholic, Protestant, and Jewish scholarship. The course fulfills the general education requirement for 200-level religious studies. [3 credits]
- Appreciate the Bible as both a human and religious book
- Analyze the Bible from historical- and literary-critical perspectives
- Discuss some of the central religious beliefs of the Christian Biblical tradition
- Advanced forum postings and replies
- Discussion and participation
- Midterm exam
- Final exam
- Biblical analysis paper
REQUIRED/RECOMMENDED TEXTBOOK(S) OR MATERIALS:
Access the bookstore website at www.ndm.bncollege.com for textbook information.
OTHER COURSE INFORMATION:
- Assignments and/or chapter(s) being discussed on the first day of class are indicated in the course syllabus found on the Joule course site and require reading/completion prior to coming to class.
- This is a fully online course. All written assignments will be submitted through the Joule course site and all class discussions will take place on Joule.