Take your academic experience to the next level.
Notre Dame of Maryland University makes it easy to transfer credits and complete your degree on time. For a smooth transition and a respected degree, consider Notre Dame.
Transfer students are eligible to receive up to 68 credits from a community college and up to 90 credits in transfer from another four-year institution. Students must receive a grade of C or higher in their courses to receive credit at Notre Dame. Transfer credits are evaluated utilizing the University's transfer policy and all prospective students have the opportunity to have their credits evaluated prior to applying to Notre Dame.
The enrollment managers in the College of Adult Undergraduate Studies can provide an evaluation and transfer overview during an initial, individualized visit to campus or during one of the many transfer fairs and programs in which Notre Dame participates.
Additional transfer information
- Maryland Articulation System (ARTSYS) used by the community colleges within the state to provide recommended transfer programs to students during their first two years of study. The information in ARTSYS allows students to view how their credits will transfer from their local community college to Notre Dame.
- If there are any questions about the information in ARTSYS, students should contact either their enrollment manager or the registrar at Notre Dame.
- In addition to the valuable information provided to all students through ARTSYS, the University also maintains formal articulation agreements. Articulation agreements show the course by course outline of how general education requirements and/or department-specific requirements are transferred to Notre Dame’s academic program of study.
- Currently, Notre Dame has official articulation agreements with the following colleges/universities (general education as well as department to department agreements in selected programs of study):
- China Women’s University
- College of Southern Maryland
- Community Colleges of Baltimore County (CCBC)
- Cottey College (Missouri)
- Howard Community College
- Prince George’s Community College
- Notre Dame is consistently working with the area colleges to develop additional program to program specific agreements. Each year the University identifies new program agreements based on conversations with community college colleagues and transfer students.
- In addition to the participation in ARTSYS and the articulation agreements listed above, the University also participates in the state-wide articulation programs for the RN to BSN completion (Nursing) and the AAT to bachelor’s degree program for education students.