How to Apply
The Federal Work Study Cycle for 2013-14 has closed. Direct Hire jobs are still available under the "Job Listings" page.
Any student who accepts a student employee position accepts the responsibility of maintaining professional standards and agrees to the following:
- Perform his/her job assignment in a serious and responsible manner
- Follow a predetermined work schedule that is acceptable to both the student and the employer. The average hours worked per week is 4-5. The maximum number of hours per week a student can work is 20.
- Notify the appropriate supervisor as soon as possible when illness or other circumstances prevent the student from working. All student worker positions are very valuable to the efficiency and operation of the University.
- Students cannot work during class hours.
- Dress appropriately, be dependable and prompt, and conduct themselves in a businesslike manner.
- Discuss any work-related problems with the appropriate supervisor. If the problem cannot be resolved, the student should contact the Federal Work-Study Coordinator, Harrison Fowler.
- Give the supervisor at least one week's notice before terminating a job assignment.
- Stop working immediately upon earning your award. Students are responsible for keeping track of their hours worked, unless other arrangements have been made with your supervisor.