Information for Supervisors
Welcome to the Federal Work-Study program at Notre Dame of Maryland University! The Work-Study program is a federally funded employment program that offers the university and other local organizations (off-campus tutors and service initiatives) the opportunity to acquire free student services at little or no cost to the employer. Employers assist students with building career skills and professionalism while gaining help in the office. We encourage any Notre Dame of Maryland University department or office to apply and participate throughout the fall and/or spring.
For some students, Work-Study employment is their first real job. Students can learn time management skills, build analytical and problem solving skills, and strengthen their communication. It is also a huge benefit to the student especially if she can work in the department for which she is majoring.
The benefits to participating include:
- Free employees. Federal work study students are paid by federal funds.
- Providing valuable professional skills to the students.
- Receive eager, motivated employees to support departmental staff.
To be eligible as a Federal Work-Study employer you must:
- Submit a job description to the Federal Work Study Coordinator by August 1
- Upload the 2014 Federal Work Study Manual for Supervisors for future reference
- Sign the Acknowledgment and Receipt Form, and return it to the Financial Aid Office.
General hiring guidelines include verifying Federal Work Study eligibility with the Federal Work Study coordinator, attending job fair to meet with students, and communicating your hiring decision in a timely manner to the Career Center.
*Information about a suggested pay scale will be posted in early August.