2013-2014 Award Guide for prospective or new CAUS, Graduate, and Pharmacy Students
The information listed below is designed to help you understand your Notre Dame of Maryland University financial aid award letter. It is important that you thoroughly review this information. The steps listed below should be completed by students with final or revised award letters.
1. Review the information listed on the upper right hand side of your award letter
Review the information regarding your enrollment assumptions (F-full time, Q-three-quarter time, H-half-time, L-less than half-time, N-not enrolled), your dependency status, housing plans, and student type. If our assumptions are inaccurate, you must contact our office to update our records. Forms to correct or update your enrollment, housing, or dependency status can be found on our Forms and Publications Page.
2. Review the section labeled "Grants/Scholarships"
If a federal Pell grant is listed on your award letter, the grant amount will be adjusted if your actual enrollment as of census will differ from the anticipated enrollment. Pell Grants are only available to undergraduate students that have not used their full 600% lifetime eligibility limit.
If your award letter lists any state awards, visit the Maryland College Aid Processing System to accept the state award(s).
Some grants/scholarships could be adjusted if your enrollment as of census is less than the award requires.
3. Review the section labeled "Student Loans"
Since this is the first time you are receiving Federal Direct Subsidized or Unsubsidized loans at Notre Dame, you must apply for the loans between May 1 and June 10.
To reduce or cancel offered loans, complete the appropriate request form found on our Forms and Publications page.
4. Review the section labeled "Other Resources"
5. If you receive a scholarship or other educationally related financial assistance
If you receive an external scholarship or other educationally related financial assistance (i.e. tuition assistance) from any source other than that which is indicated on your award letter, you must send our office a copy of the paperwork. The University will then notify you of any impact to your financial aid package.
6. Use the Financial Aid Calculator
This tool will help you determine if you will have a balance due or if your financial aid will cover your bill.
7. If you need additional funds, consider other options.
* Please note that if your actual enrollment changes from your original assumption on your award letter, your aid may be decreased or cancelled. All changes will be communicated via email and available to view on Web Advisor (once access is granted).