Instructions for Estimated Financial Aid Awards
After reviewing How To Read Your Financial Aid Award Notice, follow the instructions below:
Log into www.fafsa.gov and review your 2013-14 FAFSA for accuracy. If you estimated your income on the FAFSA, use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool (DRT) to update the information (if the conditions are met for DRT). If you are not eligible to use DRT, update the income section with the information from your completed taxes.
Check your email for a request from our office to submit missing documents. Requests are typically sent to applicants within one week of the date of the estimated award notification.
Submit required items within two weeks from the time of notice to avoid processing delays. Incomplete forms cannot be accepted and will be returned.
Meet with your financial aid counselor to discuss any financial aid questions. Bring requested items if you have not already submitted them. Staff information is available online.
Sign the Authorization to Release Information (FERPA) form to give permission for the office of financial aid staff to speak with parents or anyone other than the student.
- Monitor your email for correspondence from our office.
- Note that processing of documents submitted to our office takes 3-6 weeks.
- Receive a FINAL award notification with further instructions, including how to apply for loans. If your FAFSA is accurate, your final award notice will be the same as your estimated award notice.
- Start planning how you will finance your education at NDMU by visiting the Business Office website for information on payment plans and by learning about loans.
- Apply for external scholarships to reduce your out-of-pocket cost.