To receive financial aid from federal programs you must meet all of the following requirements.
- Must have high school diploma or GED
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or eligible non-citizen, a national or permanent resident of the U.S. or in the U.S. for other than a temporary purpose.
- Must be registered with Selective Service, if you are a male between the ages of 18 and 25.
- Must have a valid Social Security Number.
- May not be in default on a federal student loan.
- Must not owe an overpayment of a federal loan or grant.
- May not have borrowed in excess of aggregate student loan limits.
- Must be admitted to Notre Dame of Maryland University in a qualified degree program (includes teacher certification and CASE)
- Must be registered at least half-time for federal loans and FSEOG
- Must meet requirements for institutional scholarships
- Must meet the state's requirements for individual state financial aid programs
- Must maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress as defined by Notre Dame of Maryland University.