Rights and Responsibilities
- To know what financial aid programs are available at Notre Dame of Maryland University.
- To know how your financial need was determined, how your budget was created and what resources were considered in the calculation of your need.
- To know the deadlines for submitting applications for each financial aid program available.
- To know what portion of the financial aid you received must be repaid. If the aid is a loan, you have the right to know the interest rate, the total amount that must be repaid, the payback procedures, the length of time you have to repay the loan and when the repayment is to begin.
- You have the right to know how the school determines whether you are making satisfactory progress, and what happens if you are not.
- You have the right to request an explanation of the various programs in your student aid package.
- You must check your Notre Dame email account and respond to requests from our office.
- You must reapply for aid every year.
- You must complete all application forms accurately and submit them on time to the right place.
- You must provide correct information. In most instances, misreporting information on financial aid applications is a violation of federal law and may be considered a criminal offense punishable by jail and/or fines.
- You must complete all additional documentation, verification, correction, and/or new information requested by either the office of financial aid or the agency to which you submitted your application.
- You are responsible for reading and understanding all forms that you are asked to sign and for keeping copies of them.
- You must accept responsibility for all agreements that you sign.
- You must be aware of your school’s refund procedures and the consequences of withdrawing from classes.
- You must report any change in your status to the office of financial aid.
- You must report any financial aid received from outside sources to the office of financial aid.
- You will use any financial aid granted to you solely for expenses related to your education at Notre Dame of Maryland University.
- You must perform the work that is agreed upon in accepting a federal work-study award.
- You must repay all student loans whether or not you graduate or complete the program of study.