To accept or decline awards please log on to MD CAPS
Maryland Senatorial Scholarships
- Available to current high school seniors and full-time and part-time, degree-seeking undergraduate and graduate students.
- The minimum annual award amount is $400 and the maximum award is $9,000.
- Financial need is required.
- Complete and file the FAFSA by March 1. Contact your senator in February for further instructions.
Maryland House of Delegates Scholarships
- Available to current high school seniors and full-time or part-time, degree-seeking undergraduate and graduate students.
- The minimum annual award is $200.
- Financial need may be required.
- Complete and file the FAFSA by March 1. Contact your delegates in February for further instructions.
More specific information on financial assistance available from the State of Maryland may be obtained by contacting:
Maryland Higher Education Commission
Office of Student Financial Assistance
6 North Liberty Street
Baltimore, Maryland 21201
410-767-3300 or 800-974-0203
Both the student and parents/guardians must be Maryland residents in order to be eligible for financial assistance from the state. Go to mdelect.net to search for your delegate or senator.
Graduate Nursing Faculty Scholarship
- Available to registered nurses who are pursuing the graduate education necessary to be considered qualified nursing faculty at a Maryland higher education institution with the commitment of sponsorship and faculty mentoring from the Dean or Director of a School of Nursing.
- Equals the amount of tuition and mandatory fees not to exceed $13,000 per academic year ($6,500/semester, fall and spring) and will be prorated for part-time recipients. The award is renewable for a maximum amount of $26,000. Award recipients may request summer funding, as long as the total amount of funding for the academic year does not exceed $13,000. Summer funding requests must be in writing and be received by MD Office of Student Financial Assistance by April 1 of each year.Summer awards are subject to the availability of funds.
- Award is not based on financial need.
- Apply online at https://mdcaps.mhec.state.md.us.
Graduate and Professional Scholarship
- Available to degree-seeking graduate students pursuing a master’s degree in nursing and Pharmacy students
- The minimum award is $1,000 per year and the maximum award is $5,000 per year. Funds may not be available to award all eligible students.
- Financial need is required.
- Our office will award eligible students randomly.
Edward T. Conroy Memorial Scholarship Program
Eligibility Requirements: Applicants must meet one of the following requirements:
(Detailed eligibility requirements can be found here)
- Applicants must be the son or daughter of or a member of the U.S. Armed Forces who died or suffered a serviced connected 100% permanent disability as a result of military service.
- Applicant must be a veteran who suffers a service-connected disability of 25% or greater as a result of military service and has exhausted or is no longer eligible for federal veterans; education benefits.
- Applicants must be the son, daughter, or surviving spouse of a victim of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks who died as a result of the attacks on the World Trade Center, the Pentagon, or the crash of the United Airlines Flight 93
- Applicant must be a POW/MIA of the Vietnam Conflict or his/her son or daughter
- Applicant must be the son, daughter, or surviving spouse (who has not remarried) of a state or local public safety employee or volunteer who died on the line of duty or who was 100% disabled in the line of duty
- Applicant must be a state or local public safety employee or volunteer who was 100% disabled in the line of duty
NOTE: Applicants must be Maryland resident, with the exception of a spouse, son or daughter if a Maryland state or local public safety employee killed in the line of duty.
Award Amount: Equal to tuition and fees, not to exceed $10,100.
How to Apply: Applications are sent from the Office of Financial Aid via NDM email and are available online.
NOTE: Award is not based on financial need
Deadline: Applications must be submitted to the Office of Financial Aid by July 12, 2013