To be considered for admission to a graduate program at Notre Dame, a new applicant must must hold a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university and submit the following to the College of Graduate Studies office of admissions:
- $45.00 Application Fee (Waived for Alumnae)
- Admissions Essay (Please see below)
- Transcripts from each institution attended
Some programs may require supplemental material in addition to the above general requirements. For more information on what is required for the program you are interested in, please visit the program page.
Please address the following questions for your 300-500 word admissions essay:
- What are your goals and objectives in pursuing graduate study in your chosen program?
- How have your experiences (academic, professional and/or personal) prepared you to successfully complete this program?
Alumnae of the University are exempt for providing transcripts, unless they attended another institution after completing their degree at Notre Dame. Alumnae are also exempt from paying the $45 application fee.
Students with a Master’s Degree
Students that have completed a previous master’s degree are exempt from completing the essay requirement.
Student with graduate level work completed at another university are eligible to transfer up to six credits.