Popular Resources

F-1 Visa Transfer Students

If an F-1 student visa holder is interested in transferring to the ELI, the follow steps must be taken:

First, inform the International Student Advisor at the current school that the student wishes to transfer F-1 status to the English Language Institute at College of Notre Dame of Maryland.

Second, send completed application to the ELI, along with:

  1. Official high school (secondary school) or college transcript with ENGLISH translation
  2. Passport-size photo
  3. Proof of financial support (original bank statement in English and U.S. dollars with letter of sponsorship)
  4. Complete the ELI transfer eligibility form. The top of the form must be completed by the student and given to the International Student Advisor at the current school. The advisor will complete the bottom part of the form and send it to the ELI.
  5. Completed Health/TB and Meningococcal form (if the student wishes to live on campus)
  6. Application fee*
  7. Express mail fee (if the I-20 will be mailed to a foreign address)*
  8. Non-refundable housing deposit (if the student wishes to live on campus)*

*SEE APPLICATION FOR CURRENT FEES. Fees can be paid by check, money order, credit card (Visa, MasterCard or Discover), or wire transfer. Checks and money orders should be made payable to Notre Dame of Maryland University. To wire money, please use the following information, and e-mail us at ELI@ndm.edu when the wire is sent.

Bank: M&T Bank, Baltimore, Maryland
Account Name: Notre Dame of Maryland University
Account #: 19150050
ABA#: 0220-0004-6

Swift Code: MANTUS33

Once the student has been accepted to the ELI, the current school will set a release date for transferring the SEVIS immigration record to the ELI. After the SEVIS record is released, a new I-20 will be generated by the ELI.