Why Notre Dame?
Why do women from all across the United States and around the world choose Notre Dame of Maryland University for their undergraduate studies? Here, education is transformational. Each student is challenged and supported as she pursues her personal pathway to success.
- NDMU is the only women’s college in Maryland
- USA Today has ranked Notre Dame as one of America’s 10 Groundbreaking Women’s Colleges.
- Notre Dame of Maryland, with a teacher/student ratio of 12:1 and 87% of its classes with 20 or fewer students, has the lowest tuition and the smallest class sizes of any Catholic university in Maryland.
- Notre Dame is ranked third among Maryland private colleges for Return on Investment based on total cost and alumni earnings, according to PayScale.
- Notre Dame is ranked third among Women’s Colleges with High Returns according to Affordable Colleges Online
- A Notre Dame liberal arts education produces positive, documented results. Notre Dame students showed more improved critical, analytical and communication skills after four years in college than 88 percent of students at more than 500 participating institutions nationwide.
- Notre Dame is part of the thriving arts and cultural environment that makes Baltimore unique.
- Notre Dame ranks among the most successful schools in balancing cost of attendance, likelihood of degree completion and earning potential of its graduates according to the College Reality Check database developed by the Chronicle of Higher Education.
- Notre Dame alumnae have earned career distinction as physicians, medical and scientific researchers; educators, CEOs; novelists; federal judges; publishers; military leaders; college presidents; community, association and religious leaders, and more.
- Notre Dame is faithful to its mission. From our founding onward, we have provided an education that is:
- grounded in the liberal arts and sciences
- firmly rooted in the Catholic tradition
- responsive to the call to social justice
- inclusive of students of all faiths