Solo or Group Exhibit Opportunity
Gormley Gallery accepts proposals for solo or group exhibits on a rolling basis. Artists from Baltimore and the surrounding Mid-Atlantic region are especially encouraged to apply. Three exhibits are scheduled each year for a four to six week show. Artists attend the reception and give an informal gallery talk.
- 20 images in jpg format
- Checklist (including title, date, dimensions, and media)
- Cover letter with detailed proposal for exhibition
- Artist’s statement
- Short C.V.
29th National Drawing & Print Competitive Exhibition
A minimum of $1,500 available in purchase prize money.
Kim Domanski, Public Art Coordinator
Baltimore Office of Promotion & The Arts
Eligibility and Media
- Drawings and prints (not photography) in any medium up to 60 inches high, framed are eligible with no limitations as to color, surface or materials.
- All drawings and prints must be original works of art.
- Each artist may submit up to 3 works on online only.
- No mailed or emailed entries will be accepted.
How to Enter
A nonrefundable entry fee of $36.00 entitles the artist to submit up to three entries.
Initial jury will be of online submissions received by January 31, 2018. Notification will be by email. Be sure to add email@example.com to your contacts so that notification email is not sent to your junk folder.
Accepted drawings and prints received by March 14 will be juried for purchase prize awards at the value set by the artist. No substitutions will be accepted.
Works selected for purchase prize awards will become the property of Notre Dame of Maryland University.
|Entries due||January 31, 2018|
|Notification of acceptance||February 15, 2018|
|Work due at gallery||March 14, 2018|
|Exhibition Dates||April 3 through April 27, 2018|
|Reception and Gallery Talk||Saturday, April 7 from 4:00 to 6:00 p.m.|
- All accepted works must be ready to exhibit: framed with plexiglass (no glass), wired and ready to hang.
- Ship by UPS, no FedEx, using strong, reusable crates or cardboard cartons. No packing peanuts please.
- Include return shipping document with a scannable barcode.
Ship prepaid to:
Drawing and Print Competitive Exhibition
Notre Dame of Maryland University
4701 North Charles Street
Baltimore, MD 21210
Hand delivery drop-off dates TBA
No phone calls please.
William Dean Reynolds