Commencement Ceremony and Tickets
- Commencement will be held at the Baltimore Convention Center, Grand Ballroom.
- Tickets will be required for each guest to attend the Commencement ceremony. Children and infants must have a ticket as well.
- Each graduating student will be able to pick up and sign for FOUR (4) tickets at the Student Life Information Center (SLIC) Desk in Doyle Hall between noon and midnight any day from May 1 through May 10. Graduates must come in person, present photo identification and sign for their tickets at time of pick-up. Graduates will not be permitted to claim another graduates' tickets.
- All graduates have until midnight on May 10 to claim their initial four tickets. If tickets are not claimed by this time, they will be redistributed to fulfill additional ticket requests. More information regarding additional tickets requests for Commencement 2013 will be posted soon!
- Students must make arrangements to deliver tickets to their guests prior to Commencement day.
- Tickets will not be available at Commencement.
RSVP information and appropriate forms will be posted soon!
Academic Dress Information
All graduating students are required to wear University-approved regalia.
- Baccalaureate Mass: Cap and gown
- Commencement: Cap, gown and hood. All graduates will be hooded as part of the ceremony.
Photographs for Commencement
We have made arrangements with Northeast Photo Network for a professional photographer to record the moment you receive your diploma during Commencement. You will receive a passport-sized, full-color proof in the mail approximately three weeks after the ceremony with the option to order enlargement packages at reasonable prices. There is no obligation to purchase.
Please note that parents and guests will not be permitted on or near the stage to take photographs during the ceremony.
Would you like a photograph with your friends on the day of graduation? If you arrive by 8 a.m., you will have the opportunity to have photos taken by Northeast Photo Network— on a first come, first served basis—in a designated area adjacent to the Grand Ballroom.
We recommend that graduates not bring personal belongings (purses, cell phones or other electronic devices) to Commencement. There is no location to secure these items during the ceremony, and they should not be carried into the ceremony. Neither the University nor the Baltimore Convention Center will be responsible for lost personal items.
Please contact your respective division's representative for more information regarding Commencement week events and ceremony.
For College of Adult Undergraduate Studies (CAUS) questions, please contact Morgan Randall at 410-532-5500.
For Graduate Studies questions, please contact Jennifer Pohler at 410-532-5313.
For School of Pharmacy questions, please contact Amy Bauersfield at 410-532-5205.
For Women's College questions, please contact Michelle Evans at 410-532-5308.