Mathematics/Physics Department Knott Science Center (KNO) 125B AChaillou@ndm.edu 410-532-5103
Programs I teach...
School of Arts, Sciences & Business
- Ph. D. in Applied Mathematics from UMBC 2003
- M.S. in Applied Mathematics from UMBC 2001
- B.S. in Mathematics from Towson University 1998
- Numerical Analysis
- The Finite Element Method
- Mathematics Education for Pre-Service Elementary School Teachers
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
- Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics
- National Council for Teachers of Mathematics
- Chaillou A., Suri M. 2007. A posteriori estimation of the linearization error for strongly monotone nonlinear operators. To appear in Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics.
- Chaillou A., Suri M. 2007. Computable error estimators for the approximation of nonlinear problems by linearized models. To appear in Computer Methods for Applied Mechanics and Engineering.
- Murphy, M. M., Sullivan, M., Chaillou, A. L., & Ross, K. E. L. (in press). Measuring up: What teachers know about mathematics. Perspectives on Language and Literacy.