Assistant Professor - Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy Bunting Hall (BUN) 206 ILee@ndm.edu 410-532-5042
Programs I teach...
School of Pharmacy
- Ph.D. Molecular Biology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, 1990
- B.S. Biological Sciences - SUNY Stony Brook, Stony Brook, NY, 1982
- Use of natural products as anticancer agents
- Mechanism of toxicity of abused drugs
- Hormonal regulation of proteins involved in drug pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics
- Alteration of gene expression by natural products and pain medications.
- Moon KH, Upreti VV, Yu LR, Lee IJ, Ye X, Eddington ND, Veenstra TD, Song BJ. Mechanism of 3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine (MDMA, ecstasy)-mediated mitochondrial dysfunction in rat liver. Proteomics. 2008 Sep;8(18):3906-18.
- Upreti VV, Eddington ND, Moon KH, Song BJ, Lee IJ. Drug interaction between ethanol and 3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine ("ecstasy"). Toxicol Lett. 2009 Jul 24;188(2):167-72.
- Teksin ZS, Lee IJ, Nemieboka NN, Othman AA, Upreti VV, Hassan HE, Syed SS, Prisinzano TE, Eddington ND. Evaluation of the transport, in vitro metabolism and pharmacokinetics of Salvinorin A, a potent hallucinogen. Eur J Pharm Biopharm. 2009 Jun;72(2):471-7.
- Lee IJ, Hom K, Bai G, Shapiro M. NMR metabolomic analysis of caco-2 cell differentiation. J Proteome Res. 2009 Aug;8(8):4104-8.
- Coles LD, Lee IJ, Hassan HE, Eddington ND. Distribution of saquinavir, methadone, and buprenorphine in maternal brain, placenta, and fetus during two different gestational stages of pregnancy in mice. J Pharm Sci. 2009 Aug;98(8):2832-46.
- Coles LD, Lee IJ, Voulalas PJ, Eddington ND. Estradiol and progesterone-mediated regulation of P-gp in P-gp overexpressing cells (NCI-ADR-RES) and placental cells (JAR). Mol Pharm. 2009 Nov-Dec;6(6):1816-25.
- Hassan HE, Myers AL, Lee IJ, Chen H, Coop A, Eddington ND. Regulation of gene expression in brain tissues of rats repeatedly treated by the highly abused opioid agonist, oxycodone: microarray profiling and gene mapping analysis.. Drug Metab Dispos. 2010 Jan;38(1):157-67.
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
- American Association for the Advancement of Science
- International Society for the Study of Xenobiotics
- American Association for Cancer Research