Programs I teach...
School of Pharmacy
- Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.); University of Maryland at Baltimore; School of Pharmacy, May 1986
- Completed degree requirements with a 3.94 grade point average, 15 months of clinical rotations and received the award as the most outstanding student.
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy (B.S. Pharm) with High Honors: University of Maryland at Baltimore; School of Pharmacy, May 1975
- BCPS - Board Certified Pharmacotherapy Specialist (8/8/92-12/2020)
- BCOP - Board Certified Oncology Pharmacist (1/1/02-12/2022)
- Associate Professor, University of Maryland Eastern Shore (UMES), School of Pharmacy and Health Professions, Princess Anne, Maryland, November 2011 to May 2015
- Pharmacy Faculty - Clinical Pharmacist, Anne Arundel Medical Center (AAMC), Department of Pharmacy Services, Annapolis, Maryland, November 2011 to present
- Associate Professor of Pharmacy Practice, Appalachian College of Pharmacy (ACP), Oakwood, Virginia, July 1, 2007 to July 31, 2011
- Pharmacy Faculty - Clinical Pharmacist, Johnston Memorial Hospital and Comprehensive Cancer Center (JMH-CCC), Abingdon, Virginia, July 2007 to July 2011
- LifeBridge Health System; Sinai Hospital of Baltimore, Baltimore, Maryland and NorthWest Hospital Center, Randallstown, Maryland: Clinical Pharmacist Specialist - Oncology, August 2004 - August 2006; Clinical Pharmacist, July 1999 - October 1999 & July 1986 - November 1990; Staff Pharmacist, June 1983 – July 1986.
- Greater Baltimore Medical Center (GBMC), Baltimore, Maryland: Clinical Pharmacist, August 2003 – November 2004, Manager Clinical Pharmacy Services, February 2002 - August 2003, Oncology Clinical Pharmacy Specialist- November 2001 – February 2002.
- Clinical Assistant Professor, University of Maryland at Baltimore; School of Pharmacy, Baltimore, Maryland, December 1990 - March 2001 & February 2002 - December 2005.
- Adjunct Faculty, Mercer University - Southern School of Pharmacy, Atlanta, Georgia, Academic Years 2001 - 2005:
- Director of Pharmacy, Kent & Queen Anne’s Hospital (K&QA), Chestertown, Maryland, Owen Healthcare, Inc., Houston, Texas, October 1999 - April 2001.
- Clinical Pharmacist / Oncology-Biotechnology Specialist, Memorial Hospital at Easton, MD, Inc., Easton, MD, July 1993 – July 1999.
- Frederick Memorial Hospital, Frederick, Maryland, Clinical Pharmacy Practitioner, November 1990 - July 1993; Staff Pharmacist, January 1977 - April 1977.
- The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, Maryland, Pharmacist - Specialist - (Pediatrics / Administrative), June 1978 - June 1983; Staff Pharmacist, April 1977 - June 1978.
- Saint Joseph Hospital, Baltimore, Maryland, Pharmacy Project Director, July 1976 - October 1976; Staff Pharmacist, July 1975 - July 1976, Pharmacy Student, June 1974 - July 1975, Pharmacy Technician, March 1973 - June 1974.
Creatinine Clearance and renal dosing; Vancomycin Pharmacodynamics; Human Papillomavirus Vaccine; Diabetes Education; Meperidine Use Evaluation; Pegfilgrastim Utilization Review; Vancomycin Utilization Review; Chemotherapy Provision of Care - Medication Use Evaluation; Pharmacology Support for Oncology protocols; Use of Ondansetron for Nausea and Vomiting; Incidence of Heparin-Lock Induced Thrombocytopenia; MK-383 versus Heparin in Unstable Angina or Non-Q Wave MI, Aminoglycoside therapy drug utilization evaluation
- Gi M, Weber DR, Ale-Ali A, Oncology I: Overview, Prevention, Screening & Side Effect Management. In: Shapiro K, Brown S, RxPrep CourseBook, ©2015 RxPrep, Inc. Chapter 50, 810-824, 2015.
- Gi M, Weber DR, Ale-Ali A, Oncology II: Common Cancer Types and Treatment. In: Shapiro K, Brown S, RxPrep CourseBook, ©2015 RxPrep, Inc. Chapter 51, 825-853, 2015.
- Balish, M, Weber DR, Pomalidomide: New Drug Update. In MSHP Pharmascript, Volume 38 (No. 1), First Quarter 2014.
- Gi M, Weber DR, Oncology I: Overview, Prevention, Screening & Side Effect Management. In: Shapiro K, Brown S, RxPrep CourseBook, ©2014 RxPrep, Inc. Chapter 43, 749-762, 2014.
- Gi M, Weber DR, Oncology II: Common Cancer Types and Treatment. In: Shapiro K, Brown S, RxPrep CourseBook, ©2014 RxPrep, Inc. Chapter 44, 763-791, 2014.
- Weber DR, Oncology. In: Shapiro K, Brown S, RxPrep CourseBook, ©2013 RxPrep, Inc. Chapter 41, 640-671, 2013.
- Weber DR, Oncology. In: Shapiro K, Brown S, RxPrep CourseBook, ©2012 RxPrep, Inc. Chapter 41, 552-578, 2012.
- Lee SY, Jones M, Weber DR, Antimicrobial Use and Endocarditis Risk in Patients after Extraction, Abstract #30461, 49th Annual Infectious Diseases Society of America (IDSA), Boston, October 20-23, 2011, B1-309.
- Lee SY, Jones M, Weber DR, Antimicrobial Use and Endocarditis in Patients after Extractions, Abstract #A-2070 American Society for Microbiology – ICAAC Annual Meeting September 17-20, 2011.
- Weber DR, Oncology. In: Shapiro K, Brown S, RxPrep CourseBook, ©2011 RxPrep, Inc. Chapter 31, 351-372, 2011.
- Lee SY, Kelley S, Combs ND, George ND, Weber DR, Lee SK, Relationship between Vancomycin (Vm) Pharmacodynamic (PD) Parameters from Two Levels in Steady State (SS) and Outcomes in Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) Infections, 50th Annual Interscience Conference on Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy (ICAAC), Boston, September 12-15, 2010, A1-1357.
- Weber R, E*Value Healthcare Education Solutions, In: The Preceptor Communiqué, Vol 1, Issue 2, Fall/Winter 2009.
- Lee, S, Khan G, Weber DR, Recommended Trough Concentration of Vancomycin in Complicated Infections Achieved by Using a Dosing Interval of 1.25-1.5 times of Estimated T1/2, Abstract-1615 and Poster Presentation# A1-1279 49th Annual Interscience Conference on Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy (ICAAC), San Francisco, CA, USA, October 11-15, 2009.
- O’Dell MC, Marcum CN, Slate BE, Lee S, Weber DR, Diabetes Education in Southwest Virginia, MSHP’s Pharmascript. Volume 31, No. 3, pgs. 2, 9-10, May/June/July 2008.
- Weber R, Co-Editor. MSHP’s Pharmascript. Vol 31, Nos.1-3 January-July 2008.
- Weber DR, Mentorship Program – Joint Venture of the Students at the University of Maryland – School of Pharmacy and the Maryland Society of Health-System Pharmacists, MSHP’s Pharmascript. Vol 30, No. 2 pgs. 1-3, March-April 2007.
- Weber R, Co-Editor. MSHP’s Pharmascript. Vol 30, Nos.1-6 January-December 2007; Vol 29, Nos.1-6 January-December 2006; Vol 28, Nos.1-6 January-December 2005; Vol 27, Nos.1-9 January-November 2004; .
- Weber R and the GBMC Pain Management Committee. Suggested Initial Analgesic Therapy, The Stepped Approach to Pain, (Educational Pocket Brochure), GBMC Healthcare. July 2004.
- Weber R, Editor. MSHP’s Pharmascript. Vol 26, Nos.1-8 January-November 2003; Vol 25, No.9 December 2002-January 2003.
- Weber R. Meperidine (Demerol®): A drug whose time has come and gone. MSHP’s Pharmascript. Vol 26, No.2 March 2003.
- Weber R. Severe ADR Reports: Meperidine Induced Grand Mal Seizure. MSHP’s Pharmascript. Vol 26, No.2 March 2003.
- Weber R. Stimulant Laxatives Removed from Market. MSHP’s Pharmascript. Vol 26, No.2 March 2003.
- Weber R. Does Your Hospital Still Use Food Dye in Enteral Formulas? MSHP’s Pharmascript. Vol 26, No.1 February 2003
- Weber R. Stimulant Laxatives Removed from Market. GBMC’s MD Today. November-December 2002.
- Weber R, Liberatore, M. Change in Adult Immunization Schedule and Vaccination Awareness Program. GBMC’s MD Today. November-December 2002.
- Weber R. Ciprofloxacin and Moxifloxacin replace Levofloxacin as Formulary Quinolones. GBMC’s MD Today. July-August 2002.
- Weber R. Meperidine (Demerol®) a drug whose time has come and gone. GBMC’s MD Today. May-June 2002.
- Weber R. Severe ADR Reports: Meperidine Induced Grand Mal Seizure. GBMC’s MD Today. May-June 2002.
- Weber R. New Heparin Protocol in Effect. GBMC’s MD Today. March-April 2002.
- Weber R, Mehrizi A. Use of estrogens in the treatment of epistaxis. Hospital Pharmacy. 34:1057-1064, 1999.
- Contributing Editor of AHFS Drug Information 98;97;96;95;94, American Society of Health-System Pharmacists, Inc., Bethesda, MD, 1998; 1997; 1996; 1995; 1994.
- Referee (reviewer) of DICP, The Annals of Pharmacotherapy, Harvey Whitney Books, Co., Cincinnati, OH, Vol. 34, Jan-Dec 2000; Vol. 33, Jan-Dec 1999; Vol. 32, Jan-Dec 1998; Vol. 31, Jan-Dec 1997.
- Weber R, Ford R. HER-2 - Trastuzumab - Are we speaking English? - Upper Eastern Shore Oncology Nursing Society Newsletter Winter 1998-1999.
- Weber R. Trastuzumab (Herceptin). Maryland Society of Health-System Pharmacists Newsletter December 1998.
- Weber R. Bicalutamide (drug evaluation). In: Gelman CR, Rumack BH, Hess AJ, Eds. DrugDex® Information System, MicroMedex®, Inc. Englewood, CO., Vol 95; 7/95.
- Hencke D, Weber R. Irinotecan (drug evaluation). In: Gelman CR, Rumack BH, Hess AJ, Eds. DrugDex® Information System, MicroMedex®, Inc. Englewood, CO., Vol 94; 11/94.
- Assistant Editor of DrugDex® Information System, MicroMedex® Inc., Englewood, CO. September 1994 - April 2001.
- Weber R. Heparin monitoring guidelines. P&T Journal. May 1992; pp. 859.
- Weber R. Is Heparin really necessary in the lock, and if so, how much? DICP The Annals of Pharmacotherapy. April 1991; 25:399 406.
- Weber R. Nephrotoxicity from once daily dosing of Gentamicin. DICP The Annals of Pharmacotherapy. November 1990; 24:1119.
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
- ACCP - American College of Clinical Pharmacy (8/22/90-present)
- Chesapeake College of Clinical Pharmacy (1990-1997)
- MSHP - Maryland Society of Health-System Pharmacists (11/73-present); UMES Representative to the Board (11/2011 to May 2015); Developing Practitioners Committee (11/2011 to May 2015); Mentorship Committee (1993-1995, 2006-2007); Leadership/Executive Board Member (1/1/04 - 12/31/06); Publications/Newsletter Committee Chair (12/01/02 - 12/31/04); Publication Committee (10/02 – 11/08); Membership Committee (1992-1995); Western Maryland Chapter Representative to the Board 1992-1993
- ASHP - American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (12/74-present); ASHP-SSHP (MSHP) Faculty Advisor, UMES-SOP (Nov 2011- May 2015); ASHP-SSHP (VSHP) Faculty Advisor, Appalachia-COP (August 2007 – July 2011)
- ASCO - American Society of Clinical Oncology (11/10/96 - present)
- U of MD Alumni Association of the School of Pharmacy, U. of Maryland (6/11/86 - life member)
- RhoChi - Omicron Chapter of the Rho Chi National Honorary Pharmaceutical Society (11/74)
- VSHP - Virginia Society of Health-System Pharmacists (7/1/08-6/30/10); Region VI - ACP Liaison to the Board (7/1/08 to 6/30/10); Region VI President Elect (7/1/08-6/30/09); Region VI President (7/1/09-6/30/10)
- Outstanding Service Award, University of Maryland School of Pharmacy, May 2015
- Certificate of Excellence, Employee of the Month (Honorary), Anne Arundel Medical Center, Oncology Unit, December 2013.
- Board of Directors Award: For significant, consistent and ongoing contributions to the Maryland Society of Health System Pharmacists (MSHP), November, 2007.
- Employee Service Award, Shore Health System of Maryland, February, 1999
- Service Excellence Award, Frederick Memorial Hospital, October 8, 1992
- Univ. of Maryland at Baltimore, School of Pharmacy Award as the Most Outstanding Pharm. D Student, May 1986
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy Degree with High Honors, May 29, 1975
- Membership in the Omicron Chapter of Rho Chi National Honorary Pharmaceutical Society
- Maryland Society of Hospital Pharmacists Award to a senior student who shows superior aptitude in the area of hospital pharmacy, May, 1975
- University of Maryland at Baltimore, School of Pharmacy Medal for Academic Excellence: 1972 1973;1973 1974; and 1974 1975
- University of Maryland at Baltimore, School of Pharmacy Dean's Honor List for Academic Excellence: Fall 1972; Spring 1973; Fall 1973; Spring 1974; Fall 1974; and Spring 1975
- University of Maryland, Baltimore County, Dean's List Spring 1972
Dr. Ray Weber is an Associate Professor in the Clinical and Administrative Sciences Department in the School of Pharmacy at the Notre Dame University of Maryland; and Clinical Pharmacist at Anne Arundel Medical Center (AAMC). His clinical practice site is at the AAMC DeCesaris Cancer Institute with his primary clinical focus is in the provision of optimal Pharmacotherapy for Oncology patients.
Dr. Weber has over forty years of experience in the field of Health-System Pharmacy, including over thirty years specializing in clinical pharmacotherapy with an emphasis in oncology, infectious disease and pain management. These experiences enable him to share the practical application of pharmacotherapy knowledge with other health-care professionals, fellow pharmacists, students and residents.
He has presented on hundreds of topics over the years, and has contributed extensively to hospital, local, regional and national publications. Above all he enjoys providing optimal pharmacotherapy care of patients and teaching others in this process.
For recreation he enjoys many outdoor activities including hiking, biking, fishing, birding, gardening and landscaping. He also enjoys woodworking and automobile restoration. He and his wife Glenda reside in Eldersburg, Maryland.