Dr. James. F. Conneely to be Inaugurated as Notre Dame of Maryland University’s Twelfth President in Historic Ceremony
March 25, 2013
WHO: James F. Conneely, Ph.D., President of Notre Dame of Maryland University
WHAT: Presidential Inauguration Ceremony
WHEN: 12 noon to 1 p.m. Friday, April 5 (*procession begins at 11:30 a.m. from Gibbons Hall)
WHERE: LeClerc Auditorium, Notre Dame of Maryland University, 4701 North Charles Street, Baltimore 21212
CONTACT: Nancy Carr, Notre Dame of Maryland University; Office: 410-532-5546; Mobile: 443-615-6663; email@example.com
- The formal ceremony will include a procession from Gibbons Hall into LeClerc Hall, the investiture and presentation of the mace and medallion, symbols of university leadership; and Dr. Conneely’s inaugural address.
- Procession of faculty, trustees and delegates from 54 universities in academic regalia; international students in native dress carrying flags from their respective homelands; student and faculty award winners; pre-school children from A Child’s Place and senior learners from the Renaissance Institute; alumnae representing classes from eight decades.
- Guests including Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake, former Notre Dame presidents Mary Pat Seurkamp and Dorothy Brown, Nancy Grasmick, Marion Knott, Mary Catherine Bunting, and Debbie Phelps.
- Benediction by Bishop Denis Madden, reading by alumna and poet Diane Scharper ’64, and musical performances by Notre Dame’s Women’s College Choir.
- Presidents of Maryland’s Harford Community College, Hood College, Loyola University Maryland, Maryland Institute College of Art, Sojourner-Douglass College, Towson University, University of Maryland Baltimore, Washington Adventist University and Washington College; as well as Immaculata University, Saint Bonaventure University, Oberlin College and Mount Mary University. Delegates representing more than 40 additional colleges and universities.