General Billing Information
- Statements are generated on a monthly basis and emailed to your ndm.edu account and mailed to the permanent address indicated on the registration form.
- Payment is usually due one month before the start of the semester for students who took advantage of early registration. Failure to pay by the date indicated will result in a monthly late payment fee. Failure to pay by the payment due date may bar the student from attending class.
- Follow-up billings reflecting additional charges or adjustments continue on a monthly basis.
- Note: Financial obligations incurred or billed during a semester must be settled before a student may register, make a room deposit for another semester or receive final grades. Transcripts and diplomas cannot be released until all financial obligations have been met.
- Students should confer with the Business Office regarding additional payment options.
- The University reserves the right to require cash or a cashier’s check at its discretion.
Tuition Adjustment Policy
Tuition adjustments are based upon the total tuition due for all courses in any given semester. They are made on a percentage basis dependent on the date that the written withdrawal request is received in the registrar’s office. Tuition adjustment schedules, with the appropriate dates and percentages, are published in the course schedules at the beginning of each semester.
Please note: telephone messages, communications with faculty members or advisors, and nonattendance at class are not valid methods of withdrawing from classes and do not obligate the University to refund all or part of the tuition. The fact that a student has not attended a class has no impact on tuition adjustment.
Nonpayment of tuition without proper notification to the registrar’s office of withdrawal from classes does not obligate the tuition adjustment.
Refund Schedule (all students)
(See semester schedule for exact dates.)
Before the first day of classes............100 percent
Before the second class meeting.........90 percent
For individual music lessons, no refunds will be made after the first class session
When the application of federal financial aid, institutional awards, outside scholarships and other payments are recorded to a student account results in a credit balance, a refund will be issued to the student. Parent PLUS loans are processed per financial regulations and the refund may be issued to the parent.
Financial Aid Refunds
Financial Aid refunds are automatically processed twice per week. Students cannot pick up your refund check. All refund checks are mailed to the permanent address on the student record. It is the student’s responsibility to keep the address information up-to-date. Refunds are not disbursed on weekends or holidays. Note: You may view your student account thru Web Advisor to track the posting of charges and credits to your student account including refunds: www.ndm.edu/webadvisor. Then select “login” enter “user id” and “password” and click “submit”. Select “students”, which opens the menu with all your options.
If a refund is the result of withdrawing or dropping from courses, the refund schedule applies to the amount, if any, that the student may receive. Requests for refunds must be made to the business office or indicated on the course withdrawal form or the change in registration: drop/add form available in the registrar’s office or online: www.ndm.edu/offices-and-services/registrar/forms/. Choose “Course Withdraw” or “Change in Registration: Drop/Add”.
Registration, admission application fee and late fees are non-refundable
A student who is receiving Title IV financial aid will be subject to the refund policy established by federal guidelines. See Financial Aid.
Business Office Holds
A Business Office hold is placed on your student account if you have a past due balance.