Popular Resources

Student Employment

Career Center GATORWORKS

GATORWORKS provides an online job and interview database for students, alumnae/alumni and employers.

Please click on the appropriate link below:





On-Campus NDMU Student Employment


Federal Work Study

If you have questions about available jobs for Federal Work Study or direct hire employment, please contact the Career Center. If you have questions about payroll matters, please contact Human Resources.



Frequently Asked Questions


Who is eligible for student employment? Back to Top

All students enrolled at Notre Dame of Maryland University are eligible, including full-time, part-time and graduate students. International students are eligible with proper employment authorization and a social security card. Students who filed a FAFSA and are US citizens are eligible for Federal Work Study student employment. International Students are not eligible for federal student employment.


How do I apply for a job? Back to Top

You will need to complete an application for the position you are interested in on the job listing page, and indicate whether you are a Federal Work Study student. The University has a policy of giving preference to Federal Work Study students. Supervisors will review the resumes and if they are interested, they will arrange a time to meet with you to discuss employment opportunities.


When can I start working? Back to Top

You may begin working once you have been offered the position and have completed the necessary paperwork. By law, you cannot begin employment until your I-9 form has been approved. Your supervisor will coordinate your start date and work schedule.


What paperwork do I need to complete? Back to Top

A packet of new hire paperwork must be completed BEFORE you can begin working. The packet includes your federal and state tax forms, a Student Employment Agreement, an I-9 form and a direct deposit form. They can be obtained from your supervisor, the office of human resources, or you can print them from here.


How and when will I be paid? Back to Top

Student workers are paid on a monthly basis (except during the summer) at an hourly rate. They receive a pay stub for all hours worked if pay is directly deposited into designated accounts. Time cards received after the first day of the month will be processed for payment the following month. Each student's supervisor must sign the time card.