Office of Public Safety
Our office of public safety has your safety top of mind with constant foot and vehicle patrols 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
The Notre Dame campus is an extremely safe place to live and study. A truly safe campus, however, can be achieved only through cooperation of all students, faculty and staff and the responsible decisions they make every day.
There’s a lot you can do yourself to make our campus even safer, if only by using common sense:
- Report any suspicious behavior or criminal activity to Campus Security right away by dialing extension 6666 on campus. Not an emergency? Call 410-435-0100 or dial extension 5360 from a University phone.
- Take responsibility for your safety; walk in pairs at night.
- Keep your residence hall room door locked at all times.
- Keep all valuables out of sight in your car.
- Report any unescorted strangers, male or female.
- Do not prop open any exterior doors.
- Know the campus location of the Blue Light Emergency Notification System
- Pay attention to Campus Security bulletins and updates.