Notre Dame of Maryland University ("NDMU") holds in high regard the privacy rights of our website visitors. To demonstrate our commitment to user privacy, we provide the following information describing what information we collect from site visitors and how that information is used. Because we need to maintain effective privacy practices, NDMU reserves the right to update and amend this policy without notice.
- Personally identifiable information. Personally identifiable information is information supplied by the user for the purposes of receiving information or services. For example, you may choose to provide your name, address or telephone number in the “Contact Us” section of our website. Personally identifiable information is collected only on a voluntary basis at the option of the website user.
- FERPA. Personally identifiable information for enrolled students is protected by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (“FERPA”) administered by the U.S. Department of Education. Additional information on FERPA is available here.
- Use of information. Non-personally identifiable information is used to help us improve our site by enabling us to discover and address the needs of our site visitors. This includes making our website accessible to the variety of web browsers and operating systems used to access our site. Personal information collected through the site by means of your voluntary submission, such as your name, mailing address, e-mail address and other contact information, is used for the purpose of responding to your requests for information about NDMU programs, events, activities and services or to contact you about future programs and services. NDMU does not share personal information with third parties, apart from release of “directory information” as described in the University’s FERPA policy or certain authorized vendors bound by confidentiality agreements with NDMU who must utilize the information to perform necessary duties (such as credit card authorization, federal student aid processing and textbook ordering). “Directory information” disclosures include verifying enrollment for employment or credit application purposes. Personally identifiable information may be used when disclosure is reasonably necessary in order to comply with law or protect the rights, property or safety of other visitors to NDMU’s website, to the NDMU community, or to the public.
- Security of information. NDMU uses best practices to protect security of personal information collected through its website. Financial transactions submitted through the website are encrypted using the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol.
- Requesting removal from NDMU marketing lists. You may opt out of NDMU marketing solicitations at any time. Request removal from NDMU's marketing lists.
- Children Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998. This website is not directed at individuals under the age of 13. NDMU will not accept or request personally identifiable information from individuals we know to be under the age of 13. If you believe that NDMU has collected personally identifiable information about your child or any other child under the age of 13, please notify us immediately
4701 N Charles St.
Baltimore MD 21210