Flyer Posting, Doyle Window, and Helium Tank Policies
Notre Dame of Maryland University: Flyer Posting Policy
The following policy has been designed to allow the proper posting of flyers on Notre Dame of Maryland University property in a consistent manner:
- All flyers must be approved and stamped at the Doyle Student Life Information Desk prior to posting.
- A Doyle Student Life Information Desk Assistant will place a “Please Remove By” date stamp on the flyer.
- Promotional event and/or program flyers MUST have a title, date, time, location, sponsor, and contact information to be approved. Without this information, these flyers will NOT be approved for posting.
- Sponsoring clubs/organizations, departments, offices, and individuals must remove and properly discard flyers within 48 hours after the event and/or program. All Notre Dame of Maryland University community members have the right to remove flyers on/after the “Please Remove By” date.
- Approved flyers to be placed on walls MUST be hung by blue painter’s tape ONLY which MUST be placed neatly on the BACK of those flyers. Blue painter’s tape is provided to students at no cost due to the student activity fee. All other community members are required to provide blue painter’s tape at their own cost.
- If you are posting approved flyers on existing bulletin boards, please use staples and/or push pins as needed.
- If you are interested in posting flyers within the residential communities, flyers must first be approved and stamped at the Doyle Student Life Information Desk. Once approved and stamped, flyers will need to be dropped off to the Residence and Commuter Life Lounge in Theresa 023 to be distributed to residential community members.
- Do not post flyers over existing flyers.
- Duplicate flyers must be distributed evenly throughout campus unless otherwise noted and approved (i.e., awareness project that calls for multiple flyers to be located in the same location).
- Flyers must not be obscene or defamatory and must not violate University policy or federal, state, or local laws.
Flyers that violate this posting policy will be removed and discarded.
Notre Dame of Maryland University: Doyle Window Reservations
If you are interested in reserving either of the Doyle Hall windows (the window visible from outside Doyle Hall or the window visible from Doyle Lobby and Doyle Dining Hall), please do so at the Doyle Student Life Information Desk. You will also be required to clean the reserved window within one week of your reservation or prior to the start of the next reservation (whichever comes first).
Notre Dame of Maryland University: Student Life Helium Tank Usage
NDMU staff and faculty interested in using the Student Life helium tank will incur a $15 fee that can be charged to your budget. Your budget code and request must be provided to Student Life at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to using the helium tank.