Registering with BCIS and Reporting any Name and Address Changes within 10 days.

All foreign nationals are required to be "registered" with the U.S. Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services. This happens automatically when you enter the United States and are issued an I-94 card. You registration will be automatically updated whenever you apply for an extension or a change of status.

Address Changes

Federal law requires you to keep the Office of International Programs informed of your current physical address in the U.S. If you are subject to Special Registration requirements, you are also required to notify BCIS of your address changes using form AR-11SR.

Disclosure of Information to USCIS and Criminal Activity

All non-immigrants in the U.S. are required to provide any information requested by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services(USCIS), even if the information requested does not appear to be relevant. Failure to provide this information truthfully will be considered a willful failure to maintain your status. The situation where this is most likely to arise is when you enter the country and pass through USCIS inspections and they ask you a series of questions to determine your eligibility to be admitted into theU.S.or at the time you apply for an immigration benefit (application for work permissions, change of status, etc.)

Non-immigrants are also expected to comply with all federal and state laws. Failure to comply with laws can have severe consequences under immigration law. All non-immigrant's in the United States are required to provide any information requested by the Department of Homeland Security. In the event you find yourself in trouble, you are urged to contact your international student advisor who will refer you to appropriate immigration attorneys, if necessary to protect your rights.