School of Arts, Sciences & Business
- Ph.D. in Instructional Leadership for changing populations, Notre Dame of Maryland University Dissertation: Teaching Teamwork to College Students through Cooperative Learning: Faculty Attitudes and Instructional Best Practices
- M.B.A. with Management Concentration and Master’s Plus Certificate in International Business (15 credits beyond the M.B.A.), Loyola University Maryland
- B.A. in Marketing, Michigan State University
I am energized by the university’s mission to “educate persons to transform the world.” I believe teaching is more than introducing students to new information and ideas; it is challenging how they think, broadening and deepening what they think about and teaching them how to continue the learning process outside the classroom.
My years of professional experience in marketing and management prior to joining NDMU as well as the time I spent as associate dean for the adult undergraduate programs at NDMU, significantly inform my teaching and academic advising. My assignments are application oriented and provide students with opportunities to master the technical content of the course while simultaneously strengthening communication, critical and reflective thinking, research, leadership and teamwork skills.
I have taught courses in marketing, teamwork, leadership, conflict resolution, negotiation, customer service and research. In addition to teaching, I served as the chair of the Business and Economics Department, the co-champion for the department’s accreditation activities and co-directed the First Impressions program and the Emerging Leaders Living and Learning Community.
- Notre Dame of Maryland University Student Affairs Faculty Supporter of the Year Award – May 2018
- Notre Dame of Maryland University President’s Award for Meritorious Service – August 2017
- ACBSP Best of Regions Presentation – November 2015
- Notre Dame of Maryland University President’s Medal – May 2015
- Notre Dame of Maryland University Mullan Distinguished Teacher Award - May 2014
- School Sisters of Notre Dame Mission and Ministry Medal - February 2013
Recent Peer Reviewed Publications & Presentations
- Cooperative Learning and Team Projects in the Postsecondary Classroom: Faculty Demographics and Motivationwith co-authors Angela Snyder and Mark Fenster, Paper accepted via blind peer review for publication in the Transnational Journal of Business, Vol. 5 – June 2020.
- Knowledge Creation Through Cooperative Learning and Team Projects: Faculty Motivation and Instructional “Best Practices.” Presented in Best of regions track of Accreditation Council for Business Schools & Programs Annual Conference, Atlanta, GA. June 2016. (Published in proceedings)
- The Impact of Organizational Culture in Leading Change: Enabler or Barrier? Case in Learning from Real World Cases – Lessons in Changing Cultures, D.D. Warrick & J. Mueller (Eds.), RossiSmith Academic Publishing, Oxford, UK, 2015, ISBN 978-0-473-30502-4 (Accepted via blind peer review)
- Exploring the Leader-Follower Relationship via Team Projects: Faculty Motivation and “Best Practices.” Presented in the leadership education track at 17th Annual International Leadership Association Conference, Barcelona, Spain. October 2015. (Published in proceedings)
- Cooperative Learning and Team Projects in the Postsecondary Classroom: Faculty Motivation and Instructional “Best Practices.” Co-presented in the cooperative learning track with Angela Snyder at American Educational Research Association (AERA) 2015 Annual Meeting, Chicago, IL. April 2015. (Published in the proceedings)
- Temporal Distortions: Innovative Sequencing in the Leadership Classroom. Co-presented with Elizabeth Jones. Presented at the ACBSP Region 2 Best of Region Competition, Engaged Learning in the Digital Age, York, PA. November 2013.
- Bridging Leadership and Teamwork: Team-based Learning for Decision-making and Interpersonal Skills. Co-presented with Elizabeth Jones. Workshop presented at the Fourteenth Annual Conference, International Leadership Association, Denver, CO. October 2012.
- Online, On-site, or Blended: Dilemmas in Remapping Delivery of Leadership Education. Workshop co-presented with Elizabeth Jones. Thirteenth Annual Conference, International Leadership Association, London, UK. October 2011.
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
- American Marketing Association
- International Leadership Association
- Kappa Gamma Pi National Catholic College Graduate Honor Society
- Delta Mu Delta International Honor Society in Business