Administration and Supervision (Post-Master's Certification)
The Administration and Supervision certification program is designed to transform today’s classroom teachers into tomorrow’s leaders in school administration. The curriculum emphasizes leadership skills in team building, decision making, problem solving, communicating effectively, and managing change.
Additional Study Options
- Cohort Programs
- Study 100% Online
As a student in this program, you will be able to:
- Develop supervisory interpersonal skills with the ability to promote positive and change-oriented relationships with teachers/students from diverse population.
- Demonstrate moral and ethical aspects of leadership; plan for educational equity, act with integrity; and write a personal professional Code of Ethics.
- Recognize the importance of research and demonstrate a leadership vision by creating a change project inclusive of program, communication plan, budgeting plan, timeline for implementation, and monitoring plan.
- Work collaboratively with peer administrators and district leaders to insure quality education in their districts.
At the completion of the program, you will be able to:
- Achieve Administration I Certification in the State of Maryland. An Administrator I Certification prepares graduates to serve as Assistant Principals, Department Chairs, Instructional Leaders and other leadership roles in education.
- Pass the licensure exam for Admin II if you so choose.
- Develop knowledge, skills and disposition of a professional educator, assisting others in continued Professional Development.
- Generate a forward-thinking collective vision for school/s that identifies current teaching, learning and assessment practices, and the commitment to move the school forward to embrace modern teaching, learning, and assessment practices with technology usage.
EDU 557 - Leadership Seminar I (3)
EDU 560 - Legal Issues for Teachers and Administrators (3)
EDU 569 - Supervision: Empowering Teachers (3)
EDU 563 - Curriculum Development (3)
EDU 688 - Practicum: School Administration and Supervision Part I* (3)
Note: Open only to students seeking the Administration and Supervision Certification:
EDU 690 - Practicum: School Administration and Supervision Part II (3)
Total Credits: 18
An assessment course
*Course needed for School Administration and Supervision Certification
What to Expect Studying at Notre Dame of Maryland University
With award-winning teacher certification programs nationally recognized by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education, you can expect to benefit from small class sizes, expert faculty, and practical field experiences.
Notre Dame is one of the state’s largest and most significant private providers of teacher education.