Each year, Notre Dame brings women leaders in business to campus to share their insights on a broad range of professional fields, and stories of their career paths.
Announcing the 16th Annual Busta Lecture:
Growth. Connections. Access. To succeed personally and professionally today, one needs a well-rounded skill set. Join us on October 30 to hear four outstanding women in various phases of their lives discuss how they navigate their respective networks.
India Gary-Martin, CEO of Leadership for Life
Kate Bowers, Vice President of Public Relations Client Services at Weinberg Harris & Associates
Janese Murray, Vice President of Diversity and Inclusion, Exelon Corporation (Ret.)
Linda Singh, Major General of the Maryland Army National Guard
The 16th Busta Lecture will be held on Tuesday, October 30, 2018 at 8 p.m. in LeClerc Auditorium. The Busta Lecture is free and open to the public.
The February 2018 Busta Lecture was a great success!
About the Lecture Series
The Charles J. Busta III lecture series is designed to showcase the thoughts and experiences of business leaders, especially women leaders, in order to encourage creativity and personal growth in women. The series was created in memory of Charles J. “CB” Busta, a Notre Dame trustee and marketing executive who died in 1999.
All individuals invited to speak are recognized in their chosen fields. We seek inspirational professionals of integrity who have made a real difference, overcome significant obstacles, or delivered dramatic success. We especially seek women professionals with these credentials in order to present strong role models who can set a standard of achievement for Notre Dame students.
Our invited speakers are chosen based on a strong set of credentials including:
- Competitive Spirit Balancing Business, Personal and Spiritual Life
2018: Mayor Catherine E. Pugh, Baltimore City
2017: Donna Orender, Founder and CEO of Orender Unlimited, and former WNBA President and PGA Tour Vice President
2016: Shira Shafir, Director of Social Innovation and Impact at TOMS
2015: Insights from Women Leaders in STEM: Inspiring the Next Generation
- Judith Britz, Ph.D., Former Executive Director of BioMaryland Center
- Alison Brown, Senior Vice President & Chief Strategy Officer of University of Maryland Medical System
- Gloria Flach, Corporate Vice President and President of Northrop Grumman Electronic Systems
- Kathryn Freeland, President/Chief Executive Officer of A-TEK, Inc.
- Moderated by LaVida Cooper '03, Telecommunications and Technology Branch Head, NASA Goddard Space Flight Center
2014: The Arts Transforming Communities
- Marin Alsop, Music Director of the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra
- Doreen Bolger, Director of the Baltimore Museum of Art
- Rebecca Hoffberger, Director of the American Visionary Art Museum
- Julia Marciari-Alexander, Executive Director of the Walters Art Museum
View the Lecture
2013: Cindy Wolf, Executive Chef of Charleston restaurant and a partner in Foreman Wolf
2012: Patricia M.C. Brown, Esq., President of Johns Hopkins HealthCare LLC and Notre Dame trustee
View the Lecture