Our volunteers are the strength behind the YES Program’s success.
We welcome all NDMU students, faculty and staff to apply as volunteers. Pending mandatory screening, scheduling, and training, we are happy to consider any applicant who wants to contribute to mutual transformation and the support of our local youth.
The YES Program is an excellent opportunity for volunteers looking to:
- Gain experience working with students at local schools;
- Demonstrate communication, dependability and other transferable skills;
- Increase community involvement and connectedness;
- Positively impact a local student’s experience in school;
- Achieve relevant training to succeed as a tutor/ mentor;
- Fulfill Freshmen NDMU 100 hours, pending professor approval.
Currently, volunteers have the opportunity to serve weekly as:
- Math or Literacy Tutors to students in 1st – 8th Grade,
- 1:1 Mentors to 6th – 8th grade students at Tunbridge PCS,
- Group mentors to 4th and 5th grade students at Govans Elementary.