- Bowls, Plates, Cups, Mugs
- Dish Towels
- Microwavable Cookware
- Chip Clips
- Pens, Pencils, Highlighter
- Notepad, Paper, Post-its
- Folders, Index Cards
- Paper Clips, Stapler
- Tape, Glue
- Calculator, Flash Drive
- Shower Caddy
- Shower Shoes
- Towels, Wash Cloths
- Pillows, Twin XL Sheets
- Laundry Bag/Basket
- Laundry Soap
- Stain Remover
- Paper Towels
- Sponge, Dish Soap
- Trash Bin, Trash Bags
- Sewing Kit
- Athletic Equipment
- Medicine, First Aid Kit
- Blue Painter's Tape
- Study Lamp
- Surge Protectors
- Mini Fridge/Mirco Fridge Rental
- Illegal Drugs, Paraphernalia
- Fireworks, Explosives
- Firearms, Weapons
- Insense, Candles, Oil Lamps
- Pets (other than small fish)
- Personal Mattress
- Hot Plates
- Toaster, Grill, Slow Cooker
- Halogen/Medusa Lamp
- Space Heaters, Personal AC
Do I need to submit proof of immunizations?
Yes, immunization forms are required and can be found online.
Do I need the Meningitis vaccine?
Yes, Maryland law requires dormitory residents to ahve received the meningitis shot. Proof of this vaccine must be noted by your physician on the immunization form.
What happens if I arrive on move-in day without having received the Meningitis vaccine?
Students are NOT permitted to move-in without proof of having received the Meningitis vaccine.
Do I need Health Insurance?
Yes, all full-time students are REQUIRED to submit proof of health insurance to waive or students must enroll in the University-sponsored health insurance plan.
What do I need to do to waive or enroll in the Health Insurance plan?
All full-time students must take action. Students will receive multiple emails and information with explicit directions on how to submit proof of insurance in order to waive or to enroll in the health insurance plan. Please follow the directions outlined by August 30, 2018.
What if I fail to take action on University Health Insurance?
If students do not take action by August 30th, you will be charged for health insurance on your tuition statement.
Additional Move-in FAQ's can be found here
Make your living space your own!
Part of the fun of moving into any new place is the opportunity to give it an identity. Talk with your roommate(s) and plan to make your room a special place.
Posters, pictures, bedspreads, lamps, and other accessories all serve to add a personal touch to your room.
All decorations must be removed at the end of the school year. Decorations which would make permanent changes in a room are not permitted and may result in damage charges.
Option 1 - Beds Bunked
Talk with your roommate about bed preference prior to submitting the form. Only one submission per room is needed if both occupants wish to have their beds bunked.
Option 2 - Bed Lofted
Limited lofts are available for the academic year. If you would prefer lofting your bed, submit the Bed Preference Request Form beginning August 1st.
Lofts are provided in the order that requests are received. Non-university provided lofts are not permitted.
Option 3 - Bed Raised
Raising the bed height allows additional space to store belongings under it and greater flexibility in the layout of the room. Keep in mind your level of comfort in how high the bed can be raised.
First-Year & Transfer Students
- On move-in day, you should arrive during your assigned move-in time, which was provided in the housing assignment letter email sent in July.
- Enter through the old Notre Dame of Maryland University entrance (closest to Northern Parkway) on North Charles Street.
- Look for signs and staff for assistance in finding designated parking areas. Staff will direct you to where you need to go next.
- Notre Dame community members will be present throughout the morning to assist with unloading and moving belongings into the residence halls.
Coordinate your arrival with the Office of International Programs in conjunction with your participation in International Student Orientation.
- You will move in on the assigned move-in day for returning students: August 24th, 2019.
- If you have extenuating circumstances and need to arrive early, contact email@example.com. Limited requests will be approved and are all pending space availability.
- Go to the lobby area of your assigned residence hall to check in.
- Move-in day: August 13th, 2019.
- Check your NDMU email for more move-in information.
- Check your NDMU email for move-in information sent by the Athletics Department.
School of Pharmacy
Move-in days are:
- P1/P3: August 12th, 2019.
- P2: August 1st, 2019.
- Go to Doyle Hall lobby on your assigned move-in day to check in.
- If you need to arrive outside of this time frame, contact firstname.lastname@example.org no later than August 1st. Requests will be granted based upon staffing availability.