External Scholarships are a great way to help with the bottom line of your tuition bill. The office of financial aid is dedicated to helping you locate credible scholarship opportunities.
External Scholarships Promoted by the Notre Dame Office of Financial Aid
- Current High School Students
- Undergraduate Students
- Graduate Students
- Nursing Students
- Pharmacy Students
In addition to these resources, you can also check local businesses and organizations for potential scholarships.
- High School Guidance Office
- Local Rotary Clubs
- Senator and Delegates
Note: Students are responsible for reporting any outside scholarship money they win to the financial aid office. Please send a copy of your scholarship letter/notice to report outside scholarship money awarded.
I-Fund National Security Scholars Program (NSSP)
The National Security Scholars Program (NSSP) is sponsored by the Independent College Fund of Maryland (I-Fund). Representatives from I-Fund and its partners come to campus every year in September to explain how the application process works and to give students information on how to apply.
This is an exclusive scholars program - the only one of its kind in the country and only available to students attending I-Fund member colleges.
- $15,000 Scholarship Award
- Opportunity for a paid summer internship in the Baltimore/Washington metropolitan area
- Assistance with processing toward a national security clearance
- Unique opportunity to explore a future in the national security field and obtain employment leads with The I-Fund national security industry partners
- U.S. Citizenship
- Career interest in the national security field
- Student must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Must attend an I-Fund member college as a full time undergraduate student
- Minimum 24 credit hours at time of application
- See website for list of preferred majors
- Summer internship obligation if offered (Internship is contingent upon successful completion of a national security clearance by May 31.)
- Candidates must be available for an in-person interview on two days in early November
- Completion/timely submission of I-Fund NSSP application
Details are available at www.paymyway.org.
CampusRN launched a new scholarship program in conjunction with the creation of the CampusRN state edition network.
This nationwide scholarship program is the most comprehensive of its kind for nursing programs and nursing students because it features scholarship winners from six different regions across the country in which CampusRN has launched state edition sites.
CampusRN will award six $2,500 scholarships to a needy and deserving nursing student in each region.
CampusRN provides students with access to a vast database of other scholarship and grants, a customized career center for their state and a national Web site to begin the career exploration process if students are interested in relocating after graduation.
Even if an applicant doesn’t win their state scholarship, CampusRN proves to be a valuable resource for all nursing students!
Apply online for the CampusRN - Maryland Nursing Scholarship at CampusRN by April 1.