The Renaissance Institute is an active group of men and women over the age of 50 engaged in lifelong learning and intellectual growth.
Founded in 1989 by NDMU's Sr. Kathleen Feeley, community members sign up to take Renaissance Institute courses for the pure pleasure of learning! Each year more than 100 noncredit courses, workshops and studio opportunities are designed and led by Renaissance members in two 13-week semesters. Working with a campus-based director, the members plan, lead and enroll in a series of courses held on Tuesdays and Thursdays each spring and fall semester.
The success of the program rests on member participation. Members create the curriculum, design and lead courses and serve on one or more committees. Renaissance members are committed to active involvement and informed discussion.
This is our 25th year!
Have a look at who we are:
Registration for Spring 2015 begins November 18.
Spring classes begin on February 5, 2015.
Full year tuition of $385 covers Fall 2014 & Spring 2015 courses.
Fall registration alone is $200.
Download the Spring 2015 Course Catalog including registration form to get an idea of the sort of courses we offer and to register.
Contact director Jeffrey Warner via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call administrative assistant Linda Kuehn at 410-532-5351 for more information.
Share the catalog with a friend and remember to "like" Renaissance Institute on Facebook!
Renaissance Institute membership offers the following opportunities:
- Enrollment in as many Renaissance courses as you wish every fall and spring (no tests or required papers)
- Opportunities to forge new friendships among the 300+ members
- Invitation to the "Winter in the City" and "Summer in the City" social and cultural trips and activities
- Permission to audit one course per academic year at NDMU
- Full privileges at the NDMU/Loyola library
- Access to water aerobics programs and select open swim times in the NDMU pool
- A copy of Reflections, the literary arts journal created and published by Renaissance members
- Subscription to the Renaissance Institute's twice a semester newsletter, Chronicle
"Summer in the City" programs.
Click this Summer in The City link to see all the programs members are offering over the summer.
We also offer "Winter in the City". the Renaissance Winterim program during late December and January. Activities will be listed in November!
Amazon Affiliate Program
Visit Amazon.com and help raise money for the Renaissance Institute. For every purchase you make within 24 hours after clicking this link, Renaissance Institute will earn money back. Please help support the Renaissance Institute by clicking the banner below!