Search for On-Campus Jobs & Internships

Frequently Asked Questions

Who is eligible for student employment?

All students enrolled at Notre Dame of Maryland University are eligible, including full-time, part-time and graduate students.

International students are eligible with proper employment authorization and a social security card.

Students who filed a FAFSA and are US citizens are eligible for Federal Work Study student employment. International Students are not eligible for federal student employment.

How do I apply for a job?

Contact Human Resources at, and indicate whether you are a Federal Work Study student. The University has a policy of giving preference to Federal Work Study students.

Supervisors will review the resumes and if they are interested, they will arrange a time to meet with you to discuss employment opportunities.

When can I start working?

You may begin working once you have been offered the position and have completed the necessary paperwork. By law, you cannot begin employment until your I-9 form has been approved. Your supervisor will coordinate your start date and work schedule.

What paperwork do I need to complete?

A packet of new hire paperwork must be completed before you can begin working.

The packet includes:

 They can be obtained from your supervisor, the office of human resources, or you can print them from here.

How and when will I be paid?

Student workers are paid on a monthly basis (except during the summer) at an hourly rate. They receive a pay stub for all hours worked if pay is directly deposited into designated accounts.

Time cards received after the first day of the month will be processed for payment the following month. Each student's supervisor must sign the time card.

Contact Us

If you have questions about available jobs for Federal Work Study or direct hire employment, please contact Human Resources.

If you have questions about payroll matters, please contact Human Resources.