School of Pharmacy
Heather Folz, PharmD, BCACP is a clinical specialist in ambulatory care. She earned a doctorate of pharmacy degree at Campbell University College of Pharmacy & Health Sciences in Buies Creek, NC. After graduation, she completed a PGY-1 in community pharmacy with Kroger and Union University in Jackson, TN followed by a PGY-2 in ambulatory care with an emphasis in academia and disease prevention and wellness with Butler University in Indianapolis, IN.
Dr. Folz serves as a clinical assistant professor at Notre Dame of Maryland University and preceptor for APPE students and Hopkins Bayview Medical Center pharmacy residents. She currently practices in outpatient internal medicine as a member of the ambulatory care pharmacy team within the Johns Hopkins Community Physicians group at Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center. Her interests include, student wellness, diabetes management, immunizations, and innovative teaching and learning.
- Folz H, Gauld A, Ford B, Thigpen J. A national survey of schools of pharmacy on prevalence and description of wellness initiatives. Curr Pharm Teach Learn. 2021. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cptl.2021.07.002
- Holman S, Folz H, Gauld A, Moore S, Ford B. Moody A. Implementation of student wellness program: a pilot study. Curr Pharm Teach Learn.
- Folz HN, Sprunger TL, Sheehan AH, Aranda J, Bozymski KM, Ramsey DC, Gonzalvo JD. Factors associated with mentor satisfaction among teaching and learning curriculum program participants. Curr Pharm Teach Learn. 2018;10(4):427-432. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cptl.2018.01.001
- Folz HN, Murphy BL. Implementation of an outpatient, pharmacist-directed chronic obstructive pulmonary disease clinic. Excerpts in Pharmacy Research Journal. Vol. 2 (2016).
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
- American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy
- American Pharmacists Association
- Christian Pharmacists Fellowship International
- Rho Chi Gamma Iota Chapter