Programs I teach...
School of Education
- Ph.D., Instructional Leadership for Changing Populations, Notre Dame of Maryland University. Dissertation: The Preparedness of Candidates and Graduates from Maryland Universities to Teach Using Elementary Mathematics Standards.
- M.S., Curriculum and Instruction, Elementary Mathematics, Western Maryland College.
- B.S., Elementary Education, Towson State University.
Prior to teaching at Notre Dame, I was an elementary classroom teacher, mathematics resource teacher, mathematics intervention teacher, and mathematics coach. I have been at Notre Dame since 2009. Since then, I have taught in the School of Education in both the undergraduate and graduate programs. My focus is on providing high quality instruction to preservice and in-service elementary teachers with a focus on mathematics. In my courses, I strive to model effective teaching practices and provide my students with content and pedagogical knowledge to be effective educators.
I have represented Notre Dame in a variety of professional associations and at conferences. I have served as a board member of the Association for Maryland Mathematics Teacher Educators. I have also presented at a variety of National Council of Teachers of Mathematics Conferences. Additionally, I am an edTPA national scorer and have presented at local and national edTPA conferences.
At Notre Dame, I have served on School of Education committees, including the Professional Development Schools Committee and the edTPA committee. I have also served on the institutional Middle States Committee and the Research Day Committee.
Recent Publication and Presentations
- “Down the Rabbit Hole: The Journey to Successful edTPA Implementation at a Small University” Co-presented with Dr. Angela Snyder at National edTPA Implementation Conference, San Jose California and Maryland State edTPA Conference, Salisbury, MD.
- “Teacher Educators and Elementary Math Instruction: Two Technology “Novices” Use Free Technology in A Teacher Preparation Program” Co-authored with Dr. Angela Snyder. Published in International Journal of Education and Human Developments, Vol.3, No.2, March 2017.