We have your safety top of mind with constant foot and vehicle patrols 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
NDMU Public Safety Mission Statement
The Department of Public Safety implements/compliments the University’s mission as it relates to the safety of students, staff, faculty and their guests while encouraging individuals to be responsible for their own safety and security, as well as the safety and security of university property.
The Notre Dame campus is an extremely safe place to live and study. A truly safe campus, however, can be achieved only through cooperation of all students, faculty and staff through the responsible decisions they make every day.
Keep Our Campus Safe
There’s a lot you can do to make our campus even safer, if only by using common sense:
- Report any suspicious behavior or criminal activity to Campus Security right away by dialing extension 6666 on campus. (Not an emergency? Call 410-435-0100 or dial extension 5360 from a University phone.)
- Take responsibility for your safety; walk in pairs at night.
- Keep your residence hall room door locked at all times.
- Keep all valuables out of sight in your car.
- Report any unescorted strangers, male or female.
- Do not prop open any exterior doors.
- Know the locations of the Blue Light Emergency Notification System on campus.
- Pay attention to Campus Security bulletins and updates.