Master of Arts in Teaching/ 10-month fast track MAT
This 10 month program is perfect for career-changers wishing to enter the teaching profession, who can devote full time to their studies and training.
An innovative teacher preparation program providing aspiring teachers, especially recent college graduates and career changers, the opportunity for a yearlong school based internship while completing the requirements for a Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT) degree that leads to certification. Candidates have the option of pursuing an MAT with a concentration in early childhood education, elementary education, secondary education or special education/general education.
Candidates apprentice in a school for 20 hours a week in the first semester and fulltime during the second semester under the supervision of a mentor teacher. Throughout the school year, interns attend graduate courses and seminars as a cohort in the afternoons on the Main Campus. Certain areas of certification may require evening and/or Saturday courses.
At the end of this fulltime program, successful candidates receive their master’s degree and certification in their field of study.
- Art or Music (N-12)
- Early Childhood Education (PreK-12)
- Early Childhood and Elementary Education (Pre-6)
- Early Childhood and Special Education (PreK-3)
- Elementary Education (1-6)
- Elementary Education (1-6) and Special Education (1-8)
- Business Education, Computer Science, English, World or Classical Languages, Mathematics, Science (Biology, Chemistry, Earth Science, Physical Science, Physics), Social Studies or Theatre (7-12)
- Secondary Education Concentration Area and Special Education (7-12)
For all admissions information on main campus/other locations:
Enrollment Manager for Education, Initial Certification
For an advisor at the main campus:
School of Education