Master of Arts in Teaching/10-month fast-track MAT
Change your career in less than a year! Program includes in-school internship, and on-campus housing is available. 100% of graduates are teaching in schools.
An innovative teacher preparation program providing aspiring teachers, especially recent college graduates and career changers, the opportunity for a yearlong school based internship while completing the requirements for a Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT) degree that leads to certification. Candidates have the option of pursuing an MAT with a concentration in early childhood education, elementary education, secondary education or special education/general education.
Watch what our students say about the program.
Candidates apprentice in a school for 20 hours a week in the first semester and fulltime during the second semester under the supervision of a mentor teacher. Throughout the school year, interns attend graduate courses and seminars as a cohort in the afternoons on the Main Campus. Certain areas of certification may require evening and/or Saturday courses.
At the end of this full-time program, successful candidates receive their master’s degree and certification in their field of study. One hundred percent of 2013 and 2014 Masters of Arts in Teaching graduates received job offers.
- Art or Music (PreK-12)
- Early Childhood and Elementary Education (Pre-6)
- Early Childhood and Special Education (PreK-3)
- Elementary Education (1-6)
- Elementary Education (1-6) and Special Education (1-8)
- Secondary Education: Business Education, Computer Science, English, World Languages, Mathematics, Science (Biology, Chemistry, Earth Science, Physical Science, Physics), Social Studies or Theatre (7-12)
- Secondary Education Concentration Area and Special Education (7-12)
For all admissions information on main campus, please contact the College of Graduate Studies admissions office: 410-532-5317 or email@example.com.
For an advisor at the main campus:
School of Education